Candy and Cookies and Pie! Oh, My! 10 Wedding Dessert Bar Ideas
Sunday, October 15, 2017
Maybe your wedding cake budget is limited. Or perhaps you want desserts that match your wedding theme. Or maybe you want to honor special guests by including their favorite sweets. No matter the reason, a wedding dessert bar is a great alternative to a cake. Here are a few options:
1. Create a sweet dessert shooter, featuring layers of pastry and cream in a shot glass.
2. A create-your-own-s’mores bar is a crowd-pleasing option any time of year.
3. Having a summer wedding? How about an ice cream bar with plenty of toppings?
4. Create an elaborate cookie buffet.
5. A stack of mini pies lets each of your guests grab his or her favorite flavor.
6. Fruit tarts are a refreshing idea.
7. Is this a morning wedding? Try a doughnut tower, a tier of waffles, or a pancake bar.
8. Cake pops, cupcakes, and mini cakes are a great alternative and can be placed on tiers to create a wedding cake.
9. Let candies do double-duty as dessert and favors for your guests. Select several varieties that match your color scheme and invite guests to fill a bag to take home.
10. Another favorite is candied apples drizzled with chocolate and nuts.
With any of these ideas, you can have cake-for-two so you can still have a cake-slicing.
Got an idea of your own? Contact Cincinnati Catering to see how we can satisfy your sweet tooth.