How to Plan Your Wedding
Friday, May 18, 2018
Is your big day around the corner? Unlike other situations, around the corner for a wedding means eight to ten months ahead since there is a lot to be planned well before time. If your event date is during peak wedding season, you should start even earlier.
Planning ahead is absolutely necessary. The best way is to make a to-do-list of all-important arrangements that are needed. Create a planning booklet or a folder, as it will help you stay organized and contain all of your ideas and inspirations.
Here are a few important steps to keep in mind before starting to plan your wedding:
Work out your budget
Budget is one of the most important factors as it can also be the biggest constraint when it comes to planning a wedding. It can help you decide the extent and the level of arrangements you can afford to make. It will also be a key factor in deciding the number of guests for your event.
If you have a limited budget, you might choose to invite just the relatives and close friends. On the other hand, if you can spend more, you can cater to your extended circle too. However, it is wise to set a budget limit, as any saved money could be used toward a honeymoon or downpayment on a house.
Make a section on your planner titled, ‘Shopping List’. List everything that comes to your mind or you hear from your friends that you might want to buy before the wedding. A list of essentials is given below:
- Wedding Dress
- Jewelry (Don’t forget the rings)
You will need vendors for many things. A few important ones are given below. Talk to them well in advance and research the options available.
Other Necessary Things to Consider
- DJ or Band
- Photographer and Videographer
- Venue: One of the very first things you should do is locate the reception venue that suits your needs. You can book the venue in advance for both the ceremony and the reception (if possible). Some venues are more popular than others and may require booking over a year in advance.
- Invitations: Invitations can be formal or informal and can showcase your unique style and event. Save the date cards can also be used to broadcast your special day. Be sure to proofread all of this stationery very carefully.
- Planner: Hiring a wedding planner can save you a lot of hassle. You will not have to worry much about on-the-day arrangements along with a lot of the rest of the things. They will take care of your catering, cake, florist, venue and the decorations. All you have to do is to be there and enjoy your time.
12/28/2018 - Corporate Event Trends for 201
11/19/2018 - Planning a Social Event? Consi
08/30/2018 - How to plan the best corporate
07/26/2018 - How to Find the Right Catering
06/22/2018 - What Makes a BBQ Wedding Succe
05/18/2018 - How to Plan Your Wedding
03/16/2018 - How to Select the Best Wedding
02/23/2018 - Does Catering Really Make A Di
01/31/2018 - 5 Unique Ways to Serve Cake at
12/08/2017 - Wedding Guest Woes – 8 Complai
10/15/2017 - Candy and Cookies and Pie! Oh,
08/15/2017 - How to Say, “I Do,” in the Ide
06/13/2017 - Unique Catering Options to Cre
04/24/2017 - How Do I Manage Beverages for
04/03/2017 - Start the Party Off Right & Ke
03/13/2017 - Should I Choose a Buffet-Style
02/21/2017 - Selecting A Caterer
12/14/2016 - Eating Healthy during the Holi
11/16/2016 - Plan the Perfect Party
09/22/2016 - Fall Wedding Trends
08/25/2016 - Welcome to the New CincinnatiC