Selecting A Caterer
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
How do I select a caterer?
Once you've selected the perfect venue for your event, you should move on to locking in your caterer of choice. Catering companies tend to book up quickly especially during popular wedding months and the Christmas season.
But how do I decide? Here a few tips to help you along the way:
1. Ask around. Check in with friends, family, and co-workers to see whom they may recommend. Additionally, ask the rental manager of the venue you select. A large number of venues have a "preferred" caterer's list. These caterers have been selected based on their ability to successfully execute events at that particular venue. There is no point in wasting your time researching catering companies that aren’t on the preferred caterer’s list at your selected venue. Lastly, ask for referrals from your other vendors such as the florist, DJ, or rental company.
2. When you attend an event, observe and ask questions. Who is catering? How does the food taste? Is the food visually appealing? Is the food at the correct temperature? Is the service staff friendly and polite?
3. Read reviews online from other customers. If you are planning a wedding, WeddingWire or The Knot can extremely useful.
Once you are able to narrow down your selections, move on to contacting your top choices.
1. Assess your customer service experience upon initial contact and follow through. You want to ensure that you are selecting a company that is going to respond quickly to your needs throughout the process.
2. Ask for a written proposal/quote. Be sure to supply specific details (including the reception venue you have chosen), so the caterer can supply a quote for exactly what you need.
3. Assuming the quote is within your budget range, proceed with setting up a consultation and/or tasting appointment. This is a great time to sample your specific food selections, see how the caterer sets things up, review dinnerware samples, see napkin swatches, and most importantly have one-on-one time with an expert who can answer your questions and give you guidance.
Ready to speak with a professional concerning your upcoming catering needs in the Cincinnati area? Consider setting up a consultation or tasting appointment with a Cincinnati Catering professional. This valuable session gives you one-on-one access to our knowledgeable staff who will answer any questions you have. Additionally, he or she can offer guidance in many other areas related to your planning.
Please call 513.541.2626.
01/31/2018 - 5 Unique Ways to Serve Cake at
12/08/2017 - Wedding Guest Woes – 8 Complai
10/15/2017 - Candy and Cookies and Pie! Oh,
08/15/2017 - How to Say, “I Do,” in the Ide
06/13/2017 - Unique Catering Options to Cre
04/24/2017 - How Do I Manage Beverages for
04/03/2017 - Start the Party Off Right & Ke
03/13/2017 - Should I Choose a Buffet-Style
02/21/2017 - Selecting A Caterer
12/14/2016 - Eating Healthy during the Holi
11/16/2016 - Plan the Perfect Party
09/22/2016 - Fall Wedding Trends
08/25/2016 - Welcome to the New CincinnatiC